Hubby and I went picking out in the country and found a barn sale, the most amazing barn I've ever seen it was filled with treasures and we found the following.
As you can see the headboard and footboard had seen better days.
Some people see junk, we see potential!
Lets get started step by step!
- We hose down the headboard and footboard they were covered in everything you can imagine.
- This is my favorite part design! As you can see we end up cutting the legs of the footboard and building the seat with wood we had around our barn. For the arm rest is the top corners of the footboard.
|Bench is build!|
- Bench was painted antique white but I had a changed of heart and end up painting it lime green.
- To give it that Shabby Chic look we distressed it with 220 sanding grit.
- And finally bench was polyurethane.
Here is the finished look!
What do you think? Not bad for our very first repurpose!